The Path of Christian Discipleship

The Path of Christian Discipleship

Monday, 10 March 2014

Camera Died

Hello everyone!

I know you are going to hate me for this, but my camera died and I can't seem to find the charger for it right now, so I didn't take very many pictures this week. But I will do my best to find it, or buy a new one! And just so you know, the picture with all of the couples and families on the desk was a joke for elder 우, as he is going home at the end of this transfer. We are focused on the work, I promise! :) haha

Sorry dad, I did see the question, but I forgot to answer it. Perhaps it might be better to wait until I get home, as it is fairly expensive to ship things here and we have lots of blankets. But thank her for me please! Elder Berry knits, so he knit himself a scarf and a tie, they are pretty cool!

Just wondering-did you get the letters that I sent for Jacob's birthday? I sent them a while ago and I haven't heard anything about it, so I was curious. By the way, congratulations on getting your patriarchal blessing Jacob!! How exciting. I treasure my patriarchal blessing more than any earthly possession. It has been the source of great strength and inspiration to me especially here on my mission, as I have studied it and pondered it. I am so excited for you!

This week, seeing as our investigators started university and were a little busy, we had a week of 전도! It was tiring, but rewarding nonetheless. I think I expressed my slight frustration last week in having to refer so many investigators away; we referred another two away this week before Father blessed us with an investigator that lives in our area! I am so grateful for this blessing and all the blessings that I see everyday. I learned a lot these past few weeks about keeping my perspective in the right place. Looking back, I realized that we were the instruments in offering several people a chance to hear the gospel, regardless of whether or not we got to teach them. Then, our new investigator was like the icing on the cake! :) I am very happy.

We are having a bit of a struggle getting our investigators integrated with the ward. They keep commitments and are still very interested, but they are a little scared of our members. Apparently the Sunday before I came, Elder Berry and Elder Warnick taught 이상래 with a member, who ended up leading the lesson and giving our investigator a two week baptismal ultimatum... I am thrilled with the willingness of the ward in helping us teach, but I suppose we just have to train them to be less of a threatening presence in our lessons :P Please don't be pushy with the missionaries' investigators at home, be their friends, that't is the most important thing they need!

Anyways, I love you all and pray for you everyday! Oh, tomorrow is my six month mark! Crazy right? A quarter of my mission gone already. Its going too fast!! :P

Have a great week! :)

Love you all!

With three of our investigators in front of the Seoul Korea Temple.


Seoul Korea Temple

With father/son investigators and trainer Elder Miller.

At a ward service project - making Kimchi for the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment