The Path of Christian Discipleship

The Path of Christian Discipleship

Monday, 24 March 2014

There is a famine here!

Hello everybody,

I hope you are all doing well. Say hello to Marcus for me! He is a great guy, I hope he is doing well!

We had new missionaries in our district come this week. Elder 우 left and elder 박동규 moved into our house. He is a wonderful missionary! I look forward to serving with him. The first day he came though, he opened our fridge and exclamed painfully: "There is a famine here!" ... He came home that night with 60 dollars worth of groceries! :)

With this new elder in the house, it seems that we will all pitch in to buy food together (which I don't particularly like), but he does know how to make some delicious Korean food! The other "newsionaries" in our district are Elder Thomas, in 연수 and sister I-can't-remember-her-name-but-she-is-a-greenie and sister Hammerl-from-Australia-is-training-her in 연수.

Ask me more questions, because I am getting to the point where I don't know what to say in these emails anymore! Anyways, I will include the email I wrote to President Morrise this week, because it took a good chunk of my time:

"I want to first start by recognizing some of the blessings that God has granted me this week. I witnessed first hand the realization of God's promise to fill our mouths as we open them in faith. I had a three hour conversation with Elder B during weekly planning on Friday regarding missionary work and faith, in during which I was guided by the spirit to mention things I had not even realized myself about the gospel until that moment. I am so grateful to see the Lord's hand so often; I know He is mindful of our situations. 

I recognize that a part of my responsibility to seek revelation is to demonstrate the humility to seek advice, so if you have any suggestions for me, I would deeply appreciate it. I'm sorry for taking so much of your time with this letter, I know you are very busy, but I am still learning and don't know much else to do. Thank you for your wonderful example and influence. You are a great strength to me."

Hope you all have a great week back at home!

Love Dallin


With my new comp!!

Cooking up Korean food in our apartment.

New missionaries in our district on our prep day.

No comments:

Post a Comment