The Path of Christian Discipleship

The Path of Christian Discipleship

Saturday, 21 February 2015

Transfers!

Hello, hello!

You were right, we did get transfer calls this week! When President called, he said he was surprised that Elder Lee and I will stay together in 답동 (Incheon) another transfer. Apparently, he originally arranged things differently on the transfer board (I assume that I was going to move, as I have been here longer), but he said that he could not find peace until he moved us back together. So, Elder Lee and I are staying together in 답동! 

I'm very curious as to where I was going to go, but I suppose we might find out next transfer! My MTC companion, Elder Thorup, became a zone leader this transfer, so I look forward to seeing him a lot more!

I can't wait for David to come to Korea on his mission! You will love it here David! The people are great, the food is fantastic, and the language is a blast! Korea is the best! :)

Elder Lee and I spent some time (actually, quite a bit of time) planning for the 설날 (new year) conference that we're holding in our zones this week. We were given 250,000 won ($250 dollars) by the office and I was somehow chosen to be put in charge of that money, so if it gets lost, I have to cough up 250,000 won! ... but, we are spending it today, so no worries! :) 

Our plans for the conference are as follows: we will have a training from 10-11, then together as a zone, we'll make the traditional Korean 떡만두국 soup (look it up on the internet, I don't know how to explain), after which we planned a scavenger hunt activity in China town and 자유 궁원 (maybe you can look it up, it is a fairly popular tourist spot in Incheon). Then, we will come back to the church and watch "Meet the Mormons" to finish off the day. Hopefully all goes well!

We were able to make contact with our Vietnamese friend, 진수홍, again this week and set another baptismal date for March 14. Though we weren't able to meet with him for a while, he still read the Book of Mormon, so we answered some questions to which he had not been able to find answers during that time. He is getting along well with the ward and is progressing very well. I am so grateful to be here another transfer to help him progress towards baptism. I know that it's God's will that I stay here for a short while longer, especially considering President's experience at transfers this week.

I can't think of anything else to include! Have a great week!

Love, Elder Higham


No comments:

Post a Comment