The Path of Christian Discipleship

The Path of Christian Discipleship

Tuesday, 28 July 2015

Treasured Friendships

Hello again! 

Of course I have seen the district! I have seen it many times! :) It is quite wonderful and teaches very important, basic principles of missionary work. Perhaps the biggest mistake I have made on my mission is to ignore those principles, to move away from them, or to consider them irrelevant for where I am working. I suppose this is quite an easy trap for any missionary or member to fall into, to consider these basic principles are inadequate or irrelevant. I have found that applying these principles in my work as exactly as I can, even and especially when I don't understand how so doing would benefit me, has indeed benefited me far more profoundly than I could have achieved myself. 

I have been thinking about school (a little bit). I propose to do as you suggested, mom! Tours of Universities (even BYU ㅋㅋ) sound great. I suppose I am quite behind on all of this, but better late than never!

Let's see. Our investigator, 진호 (Gene Ho) just finished tests, so he can meet again. He was late to church last week, so one of the young women took it upon herself to make sure he made it to sacrament meeting and texted him several times, urging him to come as quickly as he could. I was quite pleased to see him receive that support from some of our members. 

I also went on exchanges, with my MTC companion, Elder Thorup, this past week. He has, since the MTC, become one of my closest friends. He has had such a tremendous impact on my life and continues to influence me in tremendous ways. This exchange with him was one of the most inspiring, soul-renewing and uplifting experiences of my mission. He demonstrated principles of Christ-like leadership, that I had been studying, which helped me apply those through a determined example. He has a positivity and passion for missionary work that is perfectly contagious! It was wonderful to be able to serve with him for that day.  

It is hard to believe that David leaves for his mission, the day after next! I know you will do a great job! Love you lots!

Elder Higham

Elder Thorup and I (along with our MTC teacher) nearly two years ago at the Missionary Training Centre in Provo, Utah. Can't believe it's been nearly that long ago .. time has just flown by!!

Elders Thorup, Lee and I in front of the Korea Seoul temple.



No comments:

Post a Comment