The Path of Christian Discipleship

The Path of Christian Discipleship

Monday, 3 August 2015

Baptism!!

Hello again! 

So, our investigator, 진호 was baptized yesterday!! It was a wonderful service, filled with the Spirit. He returned from youth camp on Saturday, during which he made some friends from other wards; two of them traveled to our area to attend our ward and support him at his baptism. I think this motivated 진호 to share his testimony during the fast and testimony meeting, which surprised all of us, including his mother, who tapped my shoulder as he was walking up to the stand and asked "is this okay? He is not even baptized!" I assured her it was great. 

He shared a wonderful testimony, in which he expressed thanks to his mother for leading him to this church and to all those who taught him and welcomed him into the ward. We then had the baptismal service, and after having to repeat the baptismal prayer a couple of times (I was a little bit nervous ...) he was baptized! He was beaming the entire time ... I was so happy for him. After the service, he was showered with gifts and walked away with two big cakes (we bought him a cake, not realizing that the Relief Society President had also bought him a cake). I am very happy for him. He is a wonderful kid!

You were right, it is transfer week! My new companion is Elder Watts, who used to be my zone leader a couple of transfers ago! He is a wonderful missionary and I am looking forward to spending my last transfer with him. We have very high hopes and goals. Elder Watts is from Highland, Utah and is maybe a foot taller than I am... Okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration, but he is very tall! He surprises a lot of Koreans on the streets; they look up from their phones as they pass him and gasp, or scream softly!! I am so very excited to work with him; there are few people I would rather finish my mission with! 

I can't think of much else to write. I hope you all have a great week! I pray for you always,

Love, Elder Higham

These are the only two pictures Dallin sent this week ... gotta get on that boy!

The only Elder we know (other than Dallin of course!) is Elder Moon (seated), Dallin's last companion who just went home.

Candid moment.


2 comments:

  1. Hello from Elder Watts' parents! That was very fun to read, what Elder Higham said of Elder Watts, and very nice of him. Our son was equally excited about being with Elder Higham, calling him "amazing" and "the nicest guy".
    - Barry & Nannette Watts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to hear from you Barry and Nannette! Doug and I (Vesna) are excited for these two wonderful missionaries to serve together and learn from each other. What a blessing these missions are for these young people!! Once again, thanks for checking in and all the best to you both and your family. ... Oh, and almost forgot to mention that our second son, David, is currently serving in the Belgium/Netherlands mission, with your daughter, as we understand it! What a small world! David just arrived in the mission two weeks ago, so he's a brand new greenie, but is LOVING it so far. Doug and I both served in Europe (Norway and Austria), so Europe is so exciting for us! Cheers. :) Doug & Vesna

    ReplyDelete